Sunday, January 13, 2013

My Learning from the New Testament

Acts 3:1-12

A principle of truth that I gained from these scriptures is that if you have enough faith and it is the Lord's will anything can happen. Peter, the chief apostle after Jesus Christ had been resurrected, was obedient and faithful to the Lord, so he was able to practice the priesthood and heal people who were in need. An older man who had been lame his whole life sat in front of the "Beautiful Gate" begging for alms everyday until Peter came along and healed him through the Lord's power. I feel like I can apply this principle to my life today by finding opportunities to have the priesthood more a part of my life since I do not have it. I can ask my home teachers for blessings or service that they can do for me because that is why they are supposed to be there for me. I also think I can honor the priesthood and show that I have faith in it by sustaining my priesthood leaders such as my bishop and his counselors by going to church every Sunday and choosing to uphold my calling and work hard to do my calling well. Another way that this principle can apply to my life is through exercising faith. The more I can develop my faith the more easily I can work hard to do what the Lord would have me do. I can do these things by basically living the simple answers which are reading my scriptures everyday, praying night and morning, going to the temple once a week, attending my church meetings, and making sure I look for opportunities to serve other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment