Thursday, October 18, 2012

Under the deep Red Sea :)

I was informed the other day by my lovely friend Kassie (Kass, I spelt your name right :) that I hadn't updated my blog in six days, so here I am updating my blog! Last Sunday I was able to go to the RED SEA! Hench the title of my post :) It was an all day trip and remember our Saturdays are the Sabbath, so my Sundays are like my Saturdays just so none of you get confused! It was an all day trip and pretty much all eighty of us students went for the day! We got two buses, left at 6:30 am and arrived around 10 am. The Red Sea was gorgeous! The water had four different colors and just looked so refreshing. We found our lifeguard, an older man in a neon green tank top who was smoking--why we were paying him to guard our lives was beyond me, but hey I'm not one to complain. 

We then all set up our stuff on the nice, white beach and just started swimming, snorkeling, laying in the sun, playing music, eating, chatting, playing volleyball, playing soccer, and just having an awesome time! We were able to be at the beach for about four hours! I spent the first hour swimming in the Red Sea and it felt so good to just swim and play in the waves! For snorkeling we went in three one hour shifts; I was in the second snorkeling shift and it was SO AWESOME! Seriously one of the best experiences of my life! I snorkeled for an hour and I got to see tons of colorful, bright fish! I also got to see the awesome coral reef and an octopus, and huge schools of fish, and pretty much it was the neatest experience of my life! I loved just having my head under the water and stroking along not even feeling like I was swimming in actual waves.  After snorkeling I went and took lots of pictures with friends, playing some soccer and volleyball, and got some major sun :) 

We then had to pack up and leave after about four hours which was very depressing :) We stopped at a random cow restaurant for dinner and (cow restaurant being a place where they make their dairy products from cows!) then had a three hour drive home on the bus in which Emily and I had a super great, deep talk about life :) Anyways, I then went to bed exhausted and it was wonderful! 

Lo, Myself, and B-randon :)

The RED SEA! 

Yeah, that's right I'm in the Red Sea

Mis groupos of friendies

Em-doggy dog, Kassie, and myself! 

We SNNOORRKKELEDDDD!!!

ST, Kaylenation, and meself in our snorkel gear

Yeahh I'm just chillin before we leave!

Just a word of advice from myself to those in the rest of the world, go snorkeling in the Red Sea because it is one of the best experiences you will ever have! 


2 comments:

  1. I love your cute suit. I never got to see it before you left. Your dad is crazy jealous and now he wants to head somewhere warm with his pregnant wife who would need some serious bribery to run around in a swimsuit right now. So great to talk to you this week. You are amazing and never forget it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I love your cute pictures! The red sea was one of my favorite trips too. I did tell you the story about how Courtney grabbed a sea urchin and I saved his life in the read sea? Yeah, that was quite dramatic. My friend Boone had a water proof camera and we took a bunch of goofy pictures with fish and stuff.

    ReplyDelete